Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: I need a program to copy files.  (Read 2741 times)

bunnyqueen6o6

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    I need a program to copy files.
    « on: September 27, 2013, 12:02:15 PM »
    This is a strange request but i need some kind of program that will help me copy only my new files. Currently I have a selection of about 30 folders (with over 9000 files in them collectively) that I put my files into, that are separated by category (each folder is a category). Each time i have new files i put them into the same existing folders. I also copy my folders onto a micro sd card, which takes forever because i have to copy each entire folder again, every time. Because the folders already exist on the sd card, when i shift click no to all it cancels the copying all together. Going though each folder and manually selecting the new files would take to long, and i would have to figure out which files where new. I just want to be able to select all of the folders and have an option to only copy the new files, and not replacing the ones that already exist. So are there any programs out there that can help me? Also is there a way to always have the files ordered by date instead of name? Because they are stored on an external hard drive, it reverts back to name order every few times i connected it back to my computer.

soybean

Genius
    • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: I need a program to copy files.
    « Reply #1 on: September 27, 2013, 12:18:06 PM »
    I suggest you try one of the file synchronization programs; I'll mention http://allwaysync.com/ but others can be found by doing a search on file sync software.  Freeware versions are available for personal use.  For commercial use, most software makers require that you purchase a paid version. 

bunnyqueen6o6

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
      Re: I need a program to copy files.
      « Reply #2 on: September 27, 2013, 12:48:24 PM »
      Allwayssync isn't really working out for me, it keeps telling me my files are questionable and won't sync them. But I'll keep looking.