Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: how to use auto system power on/off function  (Read 3670 times)

Superhuman

Topic Starter

Rookie
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    how to use auto system power on/off function
    « on: September 23, 2013, 11:12:05 PM »
    I've searched multiple keywords in Win Help, looked through all the Control Panel items, and searched the forums here, yet found nothing about the automatic system startup or shutdown function that I remember vaguely having heard/seen is possible.  Then I searched the forums with yet one more variant of keywords, and finally found some mention that this is possible.  But, no details of how you use it.  So, how do I use such an obscure function?

BTW, it seems annoyances.org is down for good  :(, since it's been "temporarily down for maintainance" for months on end.  So it's about time I started an account here.  :)
    “The Earth does not belong to us, we belong to the Earth. Man did not weave the web of life, he is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself.”

Attributed to “Chief Seattle” (Noah Sealth 1786-1866)

Superhuman

Topic Starter

Rookie
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Experienced
      Re: how to use auto system power on/off function
      « Reply #1 on: October 01, 2013, 01:05:00 AM »
      I guess this had everyone stumped, as there were no responses.  But, I found the solution!  Task Scheduler was the key, and I had been thinking that might be it, but I didn't play around with it.  It wouldn't have been that straightforward to figure out, anyhow.  In case anyone else wants to find out how to do this: http://www.winxptutor.com/schsd.htm   :)
      “The Earth does not belong to us, we belong to the Earth. Man did not weave the web of life, he is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself.”

Attributed to “Chief Seattle” (Noah Sealth 1786-1866)