Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: How to get print documents to go to printer que instead of it asking to save it?  (Read 2784 times)

dariarn

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Hi I have a new computer, a Dell Ispiron15 and I print coupons. I am trying to get this computer to do what my old one did, which is I tell a particular coupon to print on a particular website and it goes to print que until I hook up printer, this computer is  asking to save to file unless I am hooked up to printer right then. Is there a way to get it just accumulate my print items? I do not have my printer accessible at all times and coupons are all over the place on web , its a big inconvenience to hook up at each site. Or maybe there is a quick way to save all these files then print enmass? I did not know if its my new computer, Windows 8 or a printer issue? Thanks Daria

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Windows has a provision to save your documents to files. Later, these can be printed. Keeping documents in the printer spool is not the recommnd3d method. Well, it sounds good to me. And sometimes I do that. But MS does not listen to people like me. You have to do it their way.

So.. Here is how .they want us to do it.
    Print to the Microsoft XPS Document Writer
    XPS documents are easy to share because you can view them on any computer where an XPS viewer is installed, even if the computer doesn't have the same programs that you used to create the original documents.
    Does that help any?