Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: wytech lcd monitor turned pink, help!  (Read 5700 times)

Ken Powers

wytech lcd monitor turned pink, help!
« on: October 18, 2005, 08:13:52 PM »
I have a wytech 17" lcd monitor, the screen has started turning pink as if someone poured pink paint down the front of it, I took it apart and thought I had it fixed by cleaning the contacts that go the the lcd board.  Is the lcd bad or is it the "motherboard" of the monitor, and how can I fix it??

GX1_Man

Re: wytech lcd monitor turned pink, help!
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2005, 08:19:32 PM »
I don't believe an LCD is meant to be serviced by an end user. I would take that to the shop.

Ken Powers

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2005, 08:24:13 PM »
I know enough about electronics to know what not to do, I was just checking to make sure it wasn't a connector problem, I just want to know if this a common problem with lcd monitors.  After I cleaned the terminals it worked for about 5 minutes.

GX1_Man

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2005, 08:48:04 PM »
Dunno. Sounds like you are on to something. Maybe "LCD Dude" will drop by with an opinion on this. Good Luck

Windows98

Apprentice

• Proud user of Windows 98 and Windows 98 SE
    • Yes
  • Experience: Experienced
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2005, 08:52:42 PM »
My brothers screen turns pink the whole screen. It is because of the cable that connects to the monitor. It was loose and breaking off. The cable to the computer is fine. Try jiggling around the computer screen in the back.

merlin_2

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2005, 03:21:41 PM »
Return lcd to base........is may have a leaking screen?