Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Enabling toolbars in IE9 not working  (Read 2913 times)

jackaxe926

Topic Starter

• Experience: Experienced
    Enabling toolbars in IE9 not working
    « on: October 06, 2013, 10:34:08 PM »
    Recently Internet Explorer 9 started blocking some of my toolbars that I regularly use. 2 examples are Xfinity toolbar and Yahoo toolbar. I had each setup to access certain sites. I tried using the view menu/toolbars, click the listed item, an enable window pops up, I click enable and nothing happens, I tried tools/ manage addons,
    list comes up that lists enabled and disabled toolbars. The ones I want show disabled and will not enable.
    I use a registry/ computer utility that has helped me through many problems, It is Regcure Pro by Paretologic. Could this be the problem? or a microsdft gitch
    I have Norton security suite provided by Comcast.
    I paid for a remote session with comcast techs. The tech couldn't figure it out. His recommendation is to reinstall my windows 7 OS. Not a pleasant thought.
    I uninstalled the IE9 update and reverted to IE8. The toolbars can be enabled in IE8, but I don't like the look of that browser.
    I did try uninstalling the toolbars from programs and features and the redownloading them, still won't enable
    Anybody have any ideas?