Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Windows 7 Installation failiure : Acer Aspire 7551-7422  (Read 4684 times)

zeroburn

Topic Starter

Hopeful

• Knowlege will take you further than any guide
    • Yes
    • Jared Kat Enterprises
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Windows 7 Installation failiure : Acer Aspire 7551-7422
« on: October 20, 2013, 01:59:11 PM »
Hello there!

I currently have this laptop that a friend gave to me after completely and utterly ruining the built-in screen. I was figuring to configure this to work like a desktop system, put it under the desk with keyboard, mouse and monitor.

After trying to re-install Windows 7 Ultimate on the machine, I ran into an error after windows would copy files and whatnot reporting that windows can not be set up on this computer's hardware.

I read online a few things about possible solutions. The first of which I have tried and failed, which involved a bios setting for the SATA mode to be set to IDE or AHCI, and neither option worked for the install. The second of which reported I needed a hard disk driver, and that is becoming an issue, since nothing on the downloads page for my hard drive is an actual driver that the windows 7 install will accept. The hard drive being a WD5000BEVT and the site I am looking at being: http://support.wdc.com/product/download.asp?groupid=702&level1=&prodid=&modelno=&lang=en

Windows can see the hard drive perfectly well when selecting a partition to install on, but for some reason, still fails.

Any help gladly appreciated. Thank you
I consider myself a hacker. Not in the way of "I can break into your facebook" but in the way, I like to learn as much as I can, about anything i can. I don't just like having things fixed, I like to understand why it was broken and why a particular solution fixed it. It is just how I am, and how I will always be. As teachers have said before, you cant learn if you don't figure it out in your own mind.

gameperson

Rookie

• Experience: Experienced
    Re: Windows 7 Installation failiure : Acer Aspire 7551-7422
    « Reply #1 on: November 04, 2013, 05:20:51 PM »
    Do you have an error code at all?