Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: How make a package software .bat files  (Read 3001 times)

rizki

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    How make a package software .bat files
    « on: October 22, 2013, 09:16:52 PM »
    HI..

I want to deploying application from .bat file
    if i install with manually so easy, i only double click .bat file then installer.exe running..

i tried make a package via hpca admin publisher, when i try deploy application to client .bat files only copying source to client but not execute

help me :(

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: How make a package software .bat files
    « Reply #1 on: October 23, 2013, 12:59:20 PM »
    i tried make a package via hpca admin publisher, when i try deploy application to client .bat files only copying source to client but not execute

So you need remote execution service ability added then at the clients systems to support remote install. There are tools out there to do this, but I am not sure of they open up security holes or not with them present to handle the incoming remote execution request. If it is a one time execution, you have many systems to perform this install on, and users have power user privileges to perform installations without requiring admin privileges, I'd have each user execute it and when its done the software is there. Or if this is a software update that requires execution, I would use scheduled task built into Windows to check for updates at say midnight. If no new software updates then nothing happens, but of a software update is present it triggers this event to perform the software update.