Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Guild Wars 2 - Picked it up 40% off on sunday - Anyone else play this Pros/Cons?  (Read 3844 times)

DaveLembke

Topic Starter

Sage
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Just picked up Guild Wars 2 for 40% off on Sunday. Friend of mine sent me link on facebook and it dropped the price tag from $49.99 to $29.99, so I decided to buy it.

What I like so far is:

- No Monthly Fees to play ( *So I am taking a break from Blizzards $15 a month wallet tap that they have had on me since 2005 ... LOTS OF $$$$ spent playing that game over last 8 years, ( $1440 + software and expansions + some blizzard store items ) and so many friends no longer play it anymore and have moved on to other games )
- Graphics and game content is pretty good, although lots to still learn
- Fight sequences and abilities have been easy to learn so far
- This game plays better than some other NCSoft titles I have tried that are F2P but pay to win
- As part of this purchase I also was given a 18 slot trunk for item storage
- As part of this purchase I also was given a choice of 1 of 3 gear skin sets ( skin = transmog etc  ) ( * I created a Human Thief/Rogue and the Krytan armor set looks sweet on the toon that I created. )

What I realized I dont like as of now:

- After you install the game, you have to chose a server aka realm to play on and its a one time initialization, and so you can not play on multiple realms. ( * Looking online they claim that this is to stop people from spying on the other worlds that are in PvP with the world that you normally play on. ) Fortunately I had a screenshot that my friend shared with me a few months back that had the info of what realm she was on, so I chose that one. Had I selected randomly from the list, I could have bought this game and not been able to play along side a friend which would have sucked .... so warning: be sure you really want a specific world / realm as your home when initializing your account at the start of the game. ( I was hoping to try out different realms to see which ones I like better, similar to World of Warcrafts ability to create 11 characters per realm with a limit of 50 characters per account in which I had about 42 characters after 8 years of play and knew what realms were good and which ones I didnt like etc. )

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyone else playing this game to share any other pros and cons about it that I may not be aware of?

I figured that if I get 2 months of play out of it its worth it at $30 and if I get more than 2 months out of it, then I start to save money not paying Blizzard.