Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: smoke coming from monitor. don't understand why.  (Read 3480 times)

jensen1

smoke coming from monitor. don't understand why.
« on: October 19, 2005, 09:52:03 PM »
okay, i have a 19inch TTX monitor that was working perfectly earlier. I brought the resolution up to 1152x864, and it worked perfectly. It was at 75 Hertz, and i'm running on a Matrox Millenium G450 16MB. okay, so here comes my dilemnma. I go get a stick of 256MB ram, and put it in. It's not the same as my other ram, and doesn't fit the same into the slot, but i get it to fit comfortably. So i try turning on my computer, and i smell a little smell of burning. Now my monitor does not work, at all. It just sits there, black, and the light blinks, and it makes a ticking noise. I have to use my old crappy monitor, because that one's not working

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: October 19, 2005, 10:10:51 PM by jensen1 »

GX1_Man

Re: smoke coming from monitor. don't understand wh
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2005, 04:37:34 AM »
Double post!

pcdoc4christ

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2005, 05:46:59 PM »
Jensen:

The fact that the old monitor works means that the new one is damaged.  It may be that 75 Hz refresh rate was more than the monitor could handle.  Read the documentation for the monitor to know for sure.  If it is a new monitor it may still be under warranty.  You may be able to have it repaired or replaced for free by the manufacturer.

Blessings to you,
Doc

pcdoc4christ

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2005, 05:56:26 PM »