Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Computer Operating System Crashes, I amunable to reboot as Hard Drive Not found?  (Read 3019 times)

thomastt37

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

• Experience: Beginner
    I am running an AMD 64Bit single core processor on a Biostar NF61S Motherboard with 2 GB of RAM  with a Radeon Graphics Card.I am currently running PCLinux 32Bit OS,but other OS's have had the same problem including Windows on this computer.When I clear the Bios chip on the Motherboard and restart the Hard drive is found again but the Operating system cannot be repaired,so I have to reinstall the OS but it isnt long before the same problem reappears!Is this likely to be a Hardware problem?and what component may be causing it?  Michael NB I have done a Memory test which shows up as OK,also tested the Western Digital SATA Hard drive which shows no bad sectors and healthy.

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    How did you test the HDD ? ?
    You may want to try another HDD cable as well...
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

PCdoc

Hopeful

• Yes
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    If Hard disk is detected randomly, I would change the Hard disk data cable as suggested above.

thomastt37

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

Tks I will give that a try..NB Hard Drive tested with Western Digital Software and found all good..Michael