Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Signs of a virus?  (Read 2680 times)

bromtheman

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Familiar
    Signs of a virus?
    « on: October 29, 2013, 05:33:49 PM »
    Alright, I was just gonna hop on my W.o.W. account to harvest some ghost iron so i logged in and started harvesting my crops, (Farms always first  ;) ) but then i needed help with something so i tried minimizing W.o.W. and i pressed the start menu button but when i did i accidentally pressed a few buttons on the keyboard and my P.C. started shutting off, i cancelled the shut off, So i was like ill just skip the help and got back on W.o.W. (it closed it when my P.C. tried to shut down) So then i get back on and log in get on my character and i wasn't on for like 10 seconds when all of a sudden i get a windows blue screen, and after that my P.C. tried to restart but i told it to shut down scared of it being a virus.

What do you guys think?

P.S the blue screen said it was doing the restart to protect my computer?

P.P.S My steam is now asking me to log in. When it should be automatically logging in.
    « Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 06:21:18 PM by bromtheman »

gameperson

Rookie

• Experience: Experienced
      Re: Signs of a virus?
      « Reply #1 on: November 02, 2013, 02:29:56 PM »
      I'm sorry to hear about the problem that you have. Although I'm not an expert at things, I do know about blue screens and I can tell you this.

Blue screens in windows are not fun to have because windows shuts down. There are a number of reasons why a blue screen can occur. Here is what you should do

1) Can you get back into windows at this point?

2) By default, whenever windows crashes and displays a blue screen, it will automatically restart as soon as a memory dump file is created and saved. We need to disable the automatic restart. As strange as it may seem, blue screen errors have a lot of information that can be used to figure out why the crash occurred. there is a stop error code which is displayed about in the middle of the screen.

You'll see
      A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down, blah, blah, blah, blah
      Then you'll see
      STOP:0x0000008e
      If you see a stop error code, what are the last two digits?

3) What windows do you have?

4) Can you run a virus check?

PCdoc

Hopeful

• Yes
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #2 on: November 03, 2013, 07:07:08 AM »
      What is a W.o.W account ??

Allan

• Mastermind
      • Experience: Guru
      « Reply #3 on: November 03, 2013, 07:46:10 AM »
      Download BlueScreenView:
      http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html
      unzip downloaded file and double click on BlueScreenView.exe to run the program.
      when scanning is done, go to EDIT - Select All
      Go to FILE - SAVE Selected Items, and save the report as BSOD.txt
      Open BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy all of the content, and paste it into your next reply