Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Save download  (Read 2284 times)

ivanoe

Topic Starter

Hopeful
    Save download
    « on: November 01, 2013, 03:22:32 AM »
    Morning. I am having trouble understanding this. When I get a download (say from an email) or I try to download music. it asks do you want to run or save it When I press run at the bottom of the screen this comes (see attachment)but I don't know what to do with it ,it asks would I like to save it I click yes, and another box comes up. And asks the same and so on. If these are being saved I haven't a clue where.how do I open the downloads.
    can anyone help. PLEASE.

soybean

Genius
    • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Save download
    « Reply #1 on: November 01, 2013, 09:24:39 AM »
    ivanoe, did you intend to put an attachment in your forum post?  None shows up.  Please try again.

What version of Windows do you have?  If you download music, are you doing that via web browser?  If so, which browser? 

ivanoe

Topic Starter

Hopeful
      « Reply #2 on: November 03, 2013, 12:19:53 AM »
      Morning Soybean. Thanks for replying. I am on windows 7. all I am trying to do is put some music on my PC. I want to download some off other
      Legal sites. and some off my own discs. But when I try to download this what I get. hope you get the attachment this time.

[recovering disk space, attachment deleted by admin]

soybean

Genius
      • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #3 on: November 03, 2013, 09:05:24 AM »
      The files are probably going to the standard Windows folder for Downloads.  But, you can verify the location downloads get saved to by clicking the down arrow to the right of the Save button, selecting Save As from the drop-down menu and then pausing to see the save-to location.  If desired, you can change the location on that screen.