Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: mic not working  (Read 4593 times)

marybeth

mic not working
« on: July 19, 2004, 09:36:06 AM »
im having a problem with a new mic i bought, the person on other computer is only hearing a clicking noise when i use it, its is connected in the right spot. is there somewher on windows 98 to check mic, i cant seem to find it. thanks maryb

MalikTous

Re: mic not working
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2004, 11:42:43 AM »
Open the Volume Control (should be in Tray, otherwise open Start Menu, Programs, Accessories, Media Tools, Volume Control or Start Menu, Run, SndVol32) and select Properties, check the Record radio button, press OK, and make sure the microphone is selected. Also in Properties, enable the Advanced controls and turn the Mic Boost on and the AGC off. Use the Mic Volume slider to adjust the Mic.

If the new Mic takes batteries, make sure you have good ones in it.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2004, 11:43:31 AM by MalikTous »

marybeth

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2004, 03:15:34 PM »
dont need batteries in this, it was woking fine in msn then just quit. but i hear my own voice in my speakers when talking. any reason for that. any other clues to fixing. thank you

merlin_2

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2004, 03:51:23 PM »
just to add to  MalikTous reply tick the mute box and you will not hear yourself and turn on the boost tick the box< control panel/sounds and media icon click it  voice play back click that/ volume/advanced>>>micro boost tick box.