Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: A program for maximising internet priority to only one selected application  (Read 8880 times)

Oehtab

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Beginner
    Hello,

I am looking for a program capable of redirecting ALL current internet speed only to one application, ensuring it works possibly as good as it should.
    So far I only found programmes meant to limit the applications speed, which is theoreticaly the opposite of what I am looking for.
    I would LOVE you guys to reply to me with ANY ideas because I am trying to fix a problem that none have yet solved.

If you want to read more about the problem, head here http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php?topic=138954.0 and maybe you could help me to solve it, if not, staying here will be appreciated too.

Thanks and best regards,

Chrisxs5

Hopeful
    • Sup!?
      • Where we learn IT daily!
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    You could use almost any firewall product to accomplish this. Even Windows Firewall should allow for this type of management. If you turned on the limitation for the entire PC and then permitted the one application for full access, wouldn't that accomplish what you are trying to do?
    Check out my blog: http://vitrookie.com

System, Network, Virtualization, Storage, ETC Admin with a bunch of certs and an ego trip!

Oehtab

Topic Starter

Rookie

I suppose it would.
      However, I am rookie at things like those and I would LOVE if you could guide me through this. I appreciate even your answer a lot and I am gonna try something out by myself, but I guess I īll fail. :D
      Thanks a lot for reply. :) I appreciate it. :)

By the way, did you also check on the problem I had, or not anymore? Because I am solving it a year already and still canīt find anything really useful.

Chrisxs5

Hopeful
      • Sup!?
        • Where we learn IT daily!
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Expert
      I did, but didnt see anything besides the already suggested thoughts. I will look again and If I think if anything I will post on that already going thread.
      Check out my blog: http://vitrookie.com

System, Network, Virtualization, Storage, ETC Admin with a bunch of certs and an ego trip!

Oehtab

Topic Starter

Rookie

Alright, great. :)

By the way, I īve no idea how to do that Firewall thing. :/

Oehtab

Topic Starter

Rookie

Please, could anyone help me out with that?
          Canīt wait to try it out!

patio

• Genius
          • Maud' Dib
            • Yes
          Your impatience is showing again...
          This is an all Volunteer Staff that are not here 24/7....

Just Sayin.
          " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Oehtab

Topic Starter

Rookie

I know I am impatient, however that doesnīt change a fact Iīd prefer you replying to the topic than telling me one of my many flaws.
            I understand people arenīt getting paid for helping anyone here out - that is also why I appreciate their help so much - but does that mean I couldnīt ask?

patio

• Genius
            • Maud' Dib
              • Yes
            I have read thru both Topics as they went...
            I suggest you see the 1st reply to the original Topic as it is judging by your connection speeds the best reply...
            See Here...

The issue is on their end...unless as you stated you are in fact sharing that connection with 6 or 7 others as you ststed later in the same Post.

Best of Luck.

Oehtab

Topic Starter

Rookie

Thank you for reading it through. :)
              At first I also had a thought the problem is caused by people using the same connection, however I realised itīs most likely impossible - mainly because of all the tests I have done with Calum (the moderator that suggested me to use long-time ping measuring) and also because the connection feels always the same and the speedtest is always the same, no matter when I do it.
              I tried to use GameBooster 3.0 recently and I think it helped really a lot. So I got inspired by it and I wanted to do something similar with the internet connection. :)

patio

• Genius
              • Maud' Dib
                • Yes
              Re: A program for maximising internet priority to only one selected application
              « Reply #10 on: November 13, 2013, 04:52:37 PM »
              You cannot speed up an internet connection anymore than it already is...so i'd give up on that approach...

I still say the issue is on their end...not yours.

Oehtab

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2013, 09:36:53 AM »
                I donīt want to speed it up - I only aim to disable all applications, programmes and services that arenīt neccessary to run and are only a weight to PC. GameBooster does something like that, however I would want to even higher the amount of disabled programmes.

Itīs most likely an error at their end, as you say, but I need to try everything possible out. :) I just have to. I currenctly canīt change my connection, itīs too complicated. Do you think you would be able to guide me through what Chrisxs5 suggested, patio?

patio

• Genius
                • Maud' Dib
                  • Yes
                « Reply #12 on: November 14, 2013, 09:51:39 AM »
                If it's applications you don't want running in the background...which may or may not be the issue i highly recommend StartupCPL from Mike Lin...
                Do NOT dis-able anything if you don't know what it is.
                It puts an applet in Control Panel that gives you control over all apps that tend to run on startup or in the background.

Oehtab

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2013, 10:27:26 AM »
                  I downloaded the programme, but looks like my PC is clean a lot (I reinstalled Windows 7 two weeks ago).
                  But I still made these screenshots to be sure about it:

http://www.imagehosting.cz/images/computerho.png
                  http://www.imagehosting.cz/images/computjwj.png

patio

• Genius
                  • Maud' Dib
                    • Yes
                  « Reply #14 on: November 14, 2013, 12:52:46 PM »
                  Doesn't look like you utilised the program as suggested...
                  You still have a ton of stuff running in the background.