Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Only 16 colors and can get higher res.  (Read 9760 times)

2k dummy

Re: Only 16 colors and can get higher res.
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2004, 06:43:46 PM »
I think I have located the driver you need. The download is very large and you will need software such as winzip to decompress the file. Do you have a fast connection and the necessary software or a friend who does?

2k dummy

« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2004, 11:37:03 AM »
This is follow up for Melody. Do you still need help?

lookatme

« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2004, 08:27:01 PM »
Hi,
That happened to me once.  I reformatted the HD. When I tried to run a program, it told me I needed to have 256 colors then terminated the program.  I went to control panel which told me I could select 16 colors or black and white.  I discovered that I had to reinstall the graphic driver.  Well, what driver and how do I identify it.
I went to www.driverguide.com.  There you can download trial version of a driver tool which will identify the hardward installed in your computer and give you enough information to identify your drivers.  Use this info to find the right graphics driver or any other driver you may need for your computer.  
It took me a couple of tries, but using the info provided, I got back all of the color choices for the computer.  
Give it a try.  Go to driverguide.com.  Signup for a free membership. Find your drivers.  Good luck.

Raptor

« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2004, 04:47:41 AM »
You can also determine the type of videocard you have installed and get the drivers directly of the manufacturers website. More recent drivers.

merlin_2

« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2004, 04:29:20 PM »
type msinfo in the run box this will display what you pc has ...click the plus signs on components display...more than likely intel..