Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Print Jobs Now Taking LITERALLY 10 Minutes to Begin Printing  (Read 2524 times)

sweetleaf

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    Print Jobs Now Taking LITERALLY 10 Minutes to Begin Printing
    « on: November 14, 2013, 05:48:47 PM »
    I have an HP p2055dn printer connected, via USB, to a dell optiplex 170l- running xp pro. This is the server in the office. The printer is shared with network computers in the back of the house as well. It's been working fine for years. I keep the PCs and the printer updated (firmware, updates, drivers, etc) and none of these either coincide with the onset of- or have affected a solution to- the problem with the printer. Whether the print job originates in notepad or from my POS system (receipts, work orders, etc), the printer prints in seconds once it BEGINS.. but the time between clicking print and it actually beginning to print is absurdly long and drawn out. I'm losing my MIND! Please help.
    "...so it goes."

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Print Jobs Now Taking LITERALLY 10 Minutes to Begin Printing
    « Reply #1 on: November 14, 2013, 06:01:32 PM »
    Welcome to CH. Volunteers here want to help you.
    Two questions.
    Does this system also connect to the Internet on a regular basis?
    Does the system have resident Anti-Virus software?

Suggestion: Could you possibly install another printer on the network to prove it is the fault of the printer?

BTW: It is best to not put a printer on a network with either USB or wireless. The punter should have an Ethernet interface if at all possible.