Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: IE11 Problem  (Read 6858 times)

Wyngs

Topic Starter

Beginner

IE11 Problem
    « on: November 17, 2013, 03:24:34 PM »
    Downloaded and installed IE11. Everything looks good except when I use the F11 key for full screen. In the full screen mode, when I move the mouse to the top of the screen it no longer brings down the addy and other bars I have up there. Nothing happens.

I've been told there is a place I can turn that on, but the  teller knew not where?

Thanks in advance for any info.

Wyngs

Topic Starter

Beginner

Re: IE11 Problem
      « Reply #2 on: November 17, 2013, 03:43:15 PM »
      Turning off the auto-hide is not what I'm looking for. I want it to auto-hide. What it's not doing as before is coming into view when I run the mouse to the top edge of the screen.

Allan

• Mastermind
      • Experience: Guru
      « Reply #3 on: November 17, 2013, 03:52:28 PM »
      I just tried and see what you mean. I'm afraid I don't have an answer for you and sorry for not understanding in my first reply.

Wyngs

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2013, 04:28:54 PM »
        NP. This is a new problem with IE for me. It was fine in IE10 and previous versions.

Hopefully there will be a fix coming out if it isn't operator error somewhere. (grin). In looking at various forums about IE11 problems, no one else has mentioned this, so it might be a setting somewhere. I'm use to operator error. Haha.

Thanks for the info. The ALT+SPACBAR was a new one for me.

Wyngs

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2013, 05:58:42 PM »
          I see the problem has been brought up at MS. If a fix crops up I'll go ahead and post it here...

Martin99s

• Experience: Beginner
            « Reply #6 on: November 29, 2013, 06:12:28 AM »
            I recently upgraded to Windows 8.1, and I am having an issue with Google Search in Internet Explorer 11: it loads in legacy mode.

soybean

Genius
            • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
            • Computer: Specs
            • Experience: Experienced
            « Reply #7 on: December 04, 2013, 01:19:43 PM »
            I recently upgraded to Windows 8.1, and I am having an issue with Google Search in Internet Explorer 11: it loads in legacy mode.
            You might find the solution at http://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/websearch/9JPM-CF2KJU

schuarta

Beginner
            • My pal Sharky
              • Computer: Specs
              • Experience: Experienced
              « Reply #8 on: December 07, 2013, 05:37:28 AM »
              About two weeks ago I upgraded (?) to IE11. Several problems occurred.

1) I use three gadgets on my desktop - they would not display properly.
              2) Certain software I use began to malfunction. I checked with one of the software suppliers and they indicated IE11 gave their system bugs. They suggested I uninstall IE11, which would cause my pc to revert to IE10.

I did the uninstall and all of the problems disappeared.

Moral:     Beware Of IE11!