Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: need graphics card help  (Read 2398 times)

bwt24

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    need graphics card help
    « on: November 21, 2013, 05:56:22 PM »
    I recently acquired a "compaq sr5702f" completely stock which had, had the vga out, tugged a little too hard and didnt work anymore. I bought a graphics card installed it and booted up.
    The picture is split up in 8 or 10 vertical lines of differing color but most things were still readable i was able to install the drivers off of the disc that came with the card but even after the restart nothing changed can anyone help.
    Please!
    computer--Compaq sr5702f windows vista
    card---XFX ONE 1gb ddr3 pci-e

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: need graphics card help
    « Reply #1 on: November 21, 2013, 07:03:09 PM »
    Did you damage the cable that connects to the video card and the monitor? I'd try a different video cable if the display supports swapping cables.

bwt24

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
      « Reply #2 on: November 21, 2013, 07:21:59 PM »
      no ive tryed 2 different cords and 3 monitors still messed up.
      New development though the computer now will only start in safe mode and recognizes no video adapter

DaveLembke

Sage
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #3 on: November 22, 2013, 07:58:33 PM »
      I'd perform a Repair Installation of the OS with the video card added and see if that fixes it. Otherwise I'd suggest looking for a motherboard for it with a CPU, since according to the specifics of this motherboard. They claim that the CPU is soldered onto the board. Talk about no upgrade path for an already weak CPU.

My motherboard when it died on my Compaq Presario S6030NX was giving me line son the screen. I assumed it was the video card and replace dthe video card and the problem remained. I swapped the monitor and cable and still had lines. In addition to this the system also would lock up occasionally. I tried then to run off the integrated Via GPU and still same results. I swapped RAM, still same results. Now with Video card, RAM, and Monitor & Cable swapped out I still had the problem I decided to perform a clean install and the problem was still there. I ended up throwing the motherboard away and replacing it which fixed my issue. I got 5 good years out of the Athlon XP2800+ before that motherboard died.

•Operating speed: Up to 2.2 GHz
      •Number of cores: 1
      Socket: no socket (this processor is soldered onto the motherboard)

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01629355&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=3879051#N357