Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: adobe flash request on youtube  (Read 4266 times)

gord99

Topic Starter

Beginner

• Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    adobe flash request on youtube
    « on: November 23, 2013, 07:20:03 AM »
    Does anybody know what is going on if anything with Youtube popping up a screen requesting the user update to the latest version of Adobe Flash Player?  This has happened to me two or three times in the past.  As I remember it I have to back up the computer to an earlier date.  That's what happened just two days ago when the youtube problem occured but now it's back.  I can't watch any videos on Youtube with the exception that sometimes the video is there but there's no sound and no volume slider showing.  This latest occured right after I tried to install Bit Torrent.  That installation failed and then the computer nearly froze up or extreemly slowed and lost the internet connection.  I restored it to an earlier date which cured the slowness but then the youtube thing was back.  Also I can't download the Flash Player from Adobe. That just hangs up in mid download.  I think maybe Malwarebytes or other is blocking it so I'll try again.  And clicking on the request to update from the Youtube screen just runs you in circles and you get nowhere. 

gord99

Topic Starter

Beginner

• Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Experienced
      Re: adobe flash request on youtube
      « Reply #1 on: November 23, 2013, 08:05:46 AM »
      I got it!   You need to disable Active X by going, in Explorer 9 anyway to the control icon in the upper right corner -little gear- hover over safety and in the menu you will see Active X.  Uncheck this.  I still haven't tried to download Flash Player but now I can watch Youtubes.