Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Incorrect Password, when I know it's correct?  (Read 3812 times)

WillNeedsHelpFast

Topic Starter

Intermediate

• Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Beginner
    Incorrect Password, when I know it's correct?
    « on: November 26, 2013, 01:55:29 PM »
    My brother is having an issue. His laptop won't accept his password anymore. He hasn't changed it, noone has, and he knows hes typing it in the right way. It just won't work. I had this issue long before, but I don't remember what I had to do to fix it. I'm 100% we're using the right info, but we just get denied.

Win7.
    Doesn't need help as fast anymore ;)

Salmon Trout

Re: Incorrect Password, when I know it's correct?
    « Reply #1 on: November 26, 2013, 02:09:27 PM »
    http://pcsupport.about.com/od/windows7/ht/reset-password-windows-7.htm

Other things... a faulty keyboard? If your brother has not got a Windows install disk, then he could take it to a repair store, along with proof of legal ownership, and they could probably do a password reset for him.
    « Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 02:32:37 PM by Salmon Trout »

WillNeedsHelpFast

Topic Starter

Intermediate

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2013, 06:28:18 PM »
      His keyboard is alright. Any other options than taking it to a PC store? Spending money is not a priority, nor do we think we have proof of ownership (it has been passed around a few times). We know 100% that it is not a mistake on our part, we've tried countless times, variations. The issue is for sure not us.

We're still trying to find the disc and drive due to the lack of an actual drive on his laptop.

Are there any other solutions? Surely theres got to be an easy way to fix this issue, password reset is a common necessity, especially considering at the moment, it's Windows' fault the password isn't working.

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
      • Geek After Dark
        • Gekk9pm bnlog
      • Certifications: List
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #3 on: November 26, 2013, 07:32:36 PM »

Are there any other solutions? Surely theres got to be an easy way to fix this issue, password reset is a common necessity, especially considering at the moment, it's Windows' fault the password isn't working.
      I disagree. When you decide to use a hard password, the decision is yours. Also, Windows allows you to have other user accounts. Normally none would set up another account to allow for the possibility of a strange error. It is like having two doors on your house.
      If your brother is a disabled person, there are some places that will give free help with computer issues.
      Because of the increase in computer theft, better security systems are  coming on the market. Of course, older computers are easier to hack, but they are less attractive to the marketplace trade. Some new laptops require special tools to reset the password. You can ask you local police department if you have one of those. They are up to date on the issues.
      « Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 07:43:35 PM by Geek-9pm »

WillNeedsHelpFast

Topic Starter

Intermediate

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2013, 06:31:53 PM »
        A password is designed to protect, it doesn't make it his fault for choosing to do the smart thing and protect himself, but it does make it Windows' fault for not having better countermeasures in place for this common occurence (password loss). But I digress, we could talk all day about good decisions and the changing technological world.

Haha.

I'll give a few of these a shot with some other stuff I've found tomorrow at Thanksgiving, maybe we'll get this resolved easily. Else he might just have to bite the bullet and take it to a repair shop.

sujit1to100

Rookie

• Yes
        • Experience: Expert
        « Reply #5 on: November 27, 2013, 11:01:18 PM »
        I have seen this problem in my friends computer. His keyboard wasn't typing correctly. Means when he presses 'A' then OS displays some other character on screen. And this problem was with all buttons of keyboard. Formatting OS will not help (If keyboard is faulty).

He did this to solve : He connected an external USB keyboard and used it to do typing.

If you don't have external keyboard then click on lower left icon on LogIn display when Window asks for password for User.
        Then select "Type without keyboard" and use that keyboard to type your password.

If this isn't working then i am sure that somehow your password has been changed. And you will need to format your OS or use any other applications to crack password (I am not going to describe these S/W due to Forum's rules).