Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Desperately Need Help Deleting EMPTY Folder!  (Read 4778 times)

joshm662

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

• Experience: Experienced
    Desperately Need Help Deleting EMPTY Folder!
    « on: December 03, 2013, 09:05:20 PM »
    I have included 2 pictures so you can see what I'm dealing with (don't judge my choice in music lol). Anyways, I always make backups of all of my music and movies and everything else that's important.... Now I'm trying to delete my music folder that is on my WD portable hard drive and it won't let me because of that ONE folder... I can delete everything else within the music folder, but not that one, I can't even open it. In the pics you see below, those are the warnings I get when I try to delete both folders and the warning I get when trying to open the folder in question within my Music folder....

Are you guys with me? I just need to figure out how the heck to delete that ONE folder. I am the admin on this computer. I have 100% rights and whatnot, so what gives? It's driving me nuts because I have a folder with that exact same name that actually contains music!

Someone PLEASE help me delete this folder!! I'm going CRAZY!

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Desperately Need Help Deleting EMPTY Folder!
    « Reply #1 on: December 03, 2013, 09:16:54 PM »
    If it is empty, there is not need to delete it!
    This behavior is documented elsewhere. It means the folder was not created by you inside the user space of your account. You are trying to delete a folder that belongs to somebody else without their permission. Talk to the other people that share your computer. We do not get into family fights.

If your and your family wish to share documents and pictures, put them in the area labeled 'Shared Documents' and you will have no trouble.

If you think the drive has a file defect, run the check disk utility.

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
    • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • BC-Programming.com
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #2 on: December 03, 2013, 09:34:46 PM »
    "The File or Directory is corrupted and unreadable"

run a disk check on your external drive.
    I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

joshm662

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2013, 03:30:05 PM »
      If it is empty, there is not need to delete it!
      This behavior is documented elsewhere. It means the folder was not created by you inside the user space of your account. You are trying to delete a folder that belongs to somebody else without their permission. Talk to the other people that share your computer. We do not get into family fights.

If your and your family wish to share documents and pictures, put them in the area labeled 'Shared Documents' and you will have no trouble.

If you think the drive has a file defect, run the check disk utility.

Hey man, this is MY computer.. I am the ONLY person that uses the computer. I live by myself and I am the one that created the folder. What I did was put that cd on my portable HD and for some reason the copying process screwed up and now that folder (which is completely empty) is on my portable HD and I can't do anything about it. I want it gone so I can put the actual folder that contains the music onto my portable HD... Something went wrong while I was copying it to my portable HD and now it won't let me open it or move it or do anything!

There has GOT to be a way to delete this folder!! I can't believe no one knows how, or that Microsoft would make it impossible to delete.

joshm662

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2013, 03:33:23 PM »
        Oh and I went to "Tools" and ran a disc check and it acted as if nothing was wrong! *censored*? Clearly something is wrong if I can't delete an empty folder!

Computer_Commando

Hacker
        • Experience: Expert

joshm662

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2013, 05:23:17 PM »
          Wow.. I ran the disc check on it and went through the whole 2hr process and when it was done... BLAM-O! I was able to delete the folder!

Thanks guys!

patio

• Genius
          • Maud' Dib
            • Yes
          • Experience: Beginner
          « Reply #7 on: December 04, 2013, 06:24:40 PM »
          I guess you shouldn't have gotten bombastic prematurely 2 posts ago then...
          " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "