Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Brother MFC-J6510DW not responding to PC  (Read 4732 times)

Keytapper

Topic Starter

Intermediate
    • Experience: Experienced
    Brother MFC-J6510DW not responding to PC
    « on: December 02, 2013, 05:02:00 AM »
    Suddenly my printer has stopped taking print orders from the PC. I have cleaned the program from the computer and reinstalled from disc. The printer has acknoledge connection to the web by issuing a printed WLAN Report.  The computer is connected to the same hub but the printer will not follow instruction from the PC. Just stays in the Print Queue.

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Brother MFC-J6510DW not responding to PC
    « Reply #1 on: December 04, 2013, 01:54:38 PM »
    I'd perform a factory reset on the printer, uninstall the driver software. Then follow the normal installation procedures from Brother. You may have to turn on printer at a certain part of the installation of the software/driver in which it will detect the printer on the Network via a default IP or Mac Address Range or USB connection. And the follow the installation all the way to the end in which it should then work the same as it did the day you bought it.

Note: All personal settings will be wiped out by factory reset, so you will have to set up the all in one printer the same as you did first day out of the box.

http://welcome.solutions.brother.com/BSC/public/as/as_ot/en/faq/faq/000000/000100/000005/faq000105_015.html?reg=as&c=as_ot&lang=en&prod=mfcj6510dw_all

Keytapper

Topic Starter

Intermediate
      • Experience: Experienced
      Re: Brother MFC-J6510DW not responding to PC
      « Reply #2 on: December 04, 2013, 04:02:58 PM »
      Thanks for your reply and links. I had reset all and it was connecting quite readily to the hub. I finally rebooted the hub and this solved the problem. The hub was connected to both the PC and the Printer, but it seams that somthing within the hub was not connecting the 2 items together. Now up and running. Thanks again. Pete.