Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Bose SoundLink Mini  (Read 26507 times)

theunleet

Topic Starter

• Experience: Guru
    Bose SoundLink Mini
    « on: December 14, 2013, 09:06:51 PM »
    I guess I will post this here. Kodiac from the IRC chat told me to post my problem on the website. Anyways, I have a Bose SoundLink Mini(Bluetooth Speaker). Device has a MicroUSB, ONLY used for updating the firmware on the device. Bose provides some sort of software to update their bluetooth speakers http://worldwide.bose.com/downloads/en/web/bose_bluetooth_speaker_download/page.html . Application starts, installs a driver(For the application itself I believe?) and then asks me to initiate the USB connection with the device and the computer. First time it shows the device as the Bose SoundLink mini(When searching for a driver) but then fails and has it installs as some sort of "Generic Bluetooth Adapter" which has an exclamation mark with no way of find a solution using the troubleshooter. My motherboard is an Asus P8P67 Deluxe and has an Atheros bluetooth device(listed as Asus Bluetooth, alongside Microsoft Bluetooth Enumerator(Points to the Asus Bluetooth)). I would assume I am not trying to install a bluetooth driver for this device, but rather a usb driver so the application can detect and update the device. Where can I find a solution(Driver download(Not the download I listed) or a way to fix my problem)?

I tried this using a Windows 7 x64 Desktop. I also have a laptop running Windows 8.1 I could try(Maybe the driver search feature(Windows update) would find a Bose driver?)

EDIT: Forgot some extra info. The Generic Bluetooth Adapter is listed as Location 0 (Port_#0003.Hub_#0002) . The ASUS Bluetooth is Port_#0007.Hub_#0004 . The Microsoft is listed as "on ASUS Bluetooth". Hope this might help...

EDIT: Attached photos of relevant information

[recovering disk space, attachment deleted by admin]
    « Last Edit: December 14, 2013, 09:24:59 PM by theunleet »

Kodiac

Greenhorn

• Yes
      • www.patriotes.co
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Bose SoundLink Mini
    « Reply #1 on: December 14, 2013, 09:31:45 PM »
    Tried helping theunleet to no avail.

The driver package at http://worldwide.bose.com/downloads/en/web/bose_bluetooth_speaker_download/page.html is suppose to be the application to use from the manufacturer, tough it never detects it, probably explained by the failing driver install.

Normally this would be fixed by downloading the standalone driver and installing manually but bose does not seem to provide this service.

Also, there are some successful installs in forums out there that seem to indicate that the driver needs an up-to-date bluetooth stack to install properly, but it didnt seem to be possible since theunleet did not have a broadcomm compatible bluetooth device on his computer.

Hope somebody can help..