Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Graphic card problem/Driver problem ?  (Read 3524 times)

chau.nguyen990826

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Graphic card problem/Driver problem ?
    « on: December 07, 2013, 10:48:17 PM »
    Over the last few days I have been experiencing purple lines going down vertically and patches of blue on my screen whenever I start up my laptop. Occasionally, my laptop will start up normal but after awhile it will have show the purple lines and the laptop will restart. So far what I've learnt is that my laptop will work fine in the safe modes (sometime the lines will show but the laptop wont restart)  and that if the laptop starts up normally it will soon crash and restart.

I can't seem to pin-point what the problem is, what i'm guessing it is is the graphics card of the driver. I have a Toshiba laptop, windows 7 Ultimate. I am very inexperienced with laptops and computers, but I'm certain that if someone will help explain how to fix this that I'll be able to fix it.

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Graphic card problem/Driver problem ?
    « Reply #1 on: December 09, 2013, 12:16:20 AM »
    my laptop will work fine in the safe modes (sometime the lines will show but the laptop wont restart)
    The GPU chip is failing though not sure if a reflow would help in this case.