Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: WINDOW ME DISK WRITE ERROR MESSAGE  (Read 2574 times)

CATDOG1965

WINDOW ME DISK WRITE ERROR MESSAGE
« on: October 21, 2005, 02:14:16 PM »
HELLO! NEED SOME INFO OR HELP WITH A MESSAGE THAT WE KEEP GETTING ON OUR LAPTOP AFTER MY DAUGHTER TRIES INSTALL A NEW DISC GAME.   A BLUE SCREEN POPS UP THAT SAYS "DISK WRITE ERROR" PRESS ANY KEY TO CONTINUE AND WHEN YOU DO THAT IT KEEPS COMING UP AND THE NEWLY INSTALLED GAME WON'T WORK.  ANY SUGGESTIONS OR HELP TO RESOLVE THIS ERROR WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. THANKS! :)

Dusty

Egghead

• I could if she would, but she won't so I don't.
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: WINDOW ME DISK WRITE ERROR MESSAGE
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2005, 03:22:54 PM »
Please turn OFF your capslock - you're shouting at us....

When you post please give much more info - like what laptop you are using, the operating system, how much ram and , in this case, which game is being installed.

The error message you give could be generated for a great number of reasons, like the hard-disk failing, insufficient space on the hard-disk, an attempt to write to a non-existent address etc...   There's a ton of info on the WWW - please Google it.

Here's just one of the selection.

Good luck.
One good deed is worth more than a year of good intentions.

merlin_2

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2005, 04:06:28 PM »
Is this a cloned cdrom disk.

CATDOG1965

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2005, 04:10:36 PM »
IT IS A TOSHIBA TECRA 8000 LAPTOP & WE ARE USING THE WINDOWS ME PROGRAM. THERE IS PLENTY OF RAM & MEMORY AVAILABLE.  SHE WAS INSTALLING THE SIMS 2 GAME WHEN THIS HAPPENED, WE TRIED ANOTHER GAME AND GOT THE SAME THING. ALTHOUGH GAMES WORK FINE WITH NO ERRORS GIVEN.

merlin_2

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2005, 04:17:07 PM »
go to the sims website........maybe you need a patch ???.....or a new video card that handles 3d......check the specs for playing the sims......as people fall fail of buying games.....only to find out more cash is needed to play them. like ......a new video card......radeon/geforce

did you try to disable the background processes.......you need to keep systray/explorer......the rest you can disable >ctrl+alt+del>end task......i would invest in a ps2/xbox for games.?imhao.....

CATDOG1965

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2005, 04:21:39 PM »
IT'S NOT A CLONED DISC, IT WAS BOUGHT NEW.  THE DISC IS FOR PC ONLY NOT PS2 GAME SYSTEM.  

merlin_2

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2005, 04:26:53 PM »
Q:What specs does the sims need?can your laptop handle it?read the back of the case the sims came in

GX1_Man

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2005, 04:44:58 PM »
AND TURN OFF THAT CAPS LOCK!!!!