Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: implement AHCI into vistas installation  (Read 3845 times)

comda

Topic Starter

Adviser
    • Yes
  • Experience: Experienced
implement AHCI into vistas installation
« on: December 16, 2013, 04:17:51 PM »
Greetings CH!

What i have is a pentium series machine and its certified to run on windows Vista. Im trying to re install the OS on it (Acer Aspire AM1641). The issue im getting is the face that im in the installation screen and then it asks me and quote "a required DVD/cd device driver is missing. if you have a CD DVD floppy disk please insert it now" Is it asking for a chipset driver. If so i did use nlite to implement a CHipset driver into windows XP but it wont work for vista. the odd thing is that this machine is certified for vista. Any idea where to start? The machine to be more specific is a Acer Aspire AM1641-E3750 (M1641). i found the driver on acers site and burned it to DVD but that didnt work this is the page. but i got a feeling that the url ( http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers ) nwont show the drivers to my machine.. how else can i get this sucker to work????

Calum

• Egghead

• Yes
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: implement AHCI into vistas installation
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2013, 01:30:14 PM »
You'll ideally want to get the Geforce 610i SATA/RAID drivers on a USB stick, which you can then insert when it prompts you for drivers and load them off that during installation.  It's a bit of a pain being an Nvidia chipset, but the way I would do it is as follows:
Download the 32/64 bit drivers from here or here respectively.
Save the file and then use a tool such as 7 zip to open it as an archive.
Navigate to the IDE folder, then WinVista64, and extract the contents of the sataraid folder to your USB stick.  You might want to also grab the contents of sata_ide just in case - it can't hurt.
Now, boot from your Vista disk, and you'll be able to load the drivers from your USB stick and hopefully continue the install.

Let us know how you get on, hope this helps :)