Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: No Sound No Drivers! What Drivers Do I Need?  (Read 4491 times)

oberon

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

No Sound No Drivers! What Drivers Do I Need?
    « on: December 16, 2013, 05:08:30 PM »
    Hi

I am running XP Pro on a Gigabyte Motherboard GA P35-DS3L and do not have the installation disc and at the moment I have no sound and as such need some drivers and whatever else may be required.

Although I am fairly experienced in sorting out whatever problems I get with my PC, for this one please consider me a 'newbie' as I know that many people are just as clueless as I am, when it comes to sorting out this particular problem of having no sound.

I think I need Realtek drivers? but when I looked on their Web Site there were so many to choose from that I got completely lost.

Please could someone tell me the name of the driver I need and where to find it.

Also I think I need something else to go with it, in the form of a Multimedia Audio Controller and I don't know where to look for that one either.

If anyone is able to help, please would you explain in non technical terms how I download and then install the Multimedia Audio Controller and the driver I need to go with it as well as which one I should install first.

Many thanks if you can help

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: No Sound No Drivers! What Drivers Do I Need?
    « Reply #1 on: December 17, 2013, 08:34:14 AM »
    All the required drivers can be found at the GigaByte site...
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "