Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: no sound coming from computer  (Read 2841 times)

Phillip K.

no sound coming from computer
« on: October 22, 2005, 02:12:15 PM »
Hello.

The people who installed my sound card did not install it properly or failed to install the proper hardware. I have tried to play windows media movies but I get no sound, and when I go to control panel and try to play sounds I cannot play them; plus, there is no volume level icon on my start menu.

Is there anyway besides going back (to the people who failed so badly with fixing my computer up when it was broken; since they failed to put in the right sound software), that I can make my sound card work properly?

I am not a computery person who likes fiddling with parts or is extremely knowledgable about software. I would prefer if someone could tell me how to fix it quickly and efficiently or if someone could give me a link to where I can download the software (preferably not an hours-long download).

I would be very grateful if someone could assist me with this sound problem on my computer. Please help, I need my sound to work!

Sincerely,
Phillip

Windows98

Apprentice

• Proud user of Windows 98 and Windows 98 SE
    • Yes
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: no sound coming from computer
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2005, 02:20:39 PM »
Caution this is a double post Warning >:( Do not post in two sections continue to do it will get you into the SIN BIN And we might not respond.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2005, 02:21:04 PM by Windows98 »