Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: The clicking on my speakers is driving me nuts!  (Read 2390 times)

bullwinkle

Topic Starter

Hopeful
    The clicking on my speakers is driving me nuts!
    « on: January 04, 2014, 02:57:20 PM »
    Hello!

There have always been some clicking and popping in my speaker system, which is very annoying when listening to soft passages of classical or folk music.  This has led me to go with loud rock and so drown it out.  But now the clicking is annoyingly incessant and I'm thinking that I deserve to listen to as much Satie and Debussy as Mick Jagger.

So I looked into the problem.  In this link (http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/218387-28-anything-stop-annoying-crackling-noise) a guy (cronjob) has my mb (A8N-SLI Deluxe) and my sound card (Audigy 2) and is suffering as I am.

Although it appears that there is no solution (at least back in 2007), one option is to increase the latency of the PCI bus. 

So my question is:  How in the world do I do that?  also - are there any solutions since 2007 to address this issue?  I haven't been able to find any.

I'm using MS Windows XP sp3 and dual Nvidia 8800 GT cards.

My ears Thank You in advance!

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: The clicking on my speakers is driving me nuts!
    « Reply #1 on: January 04, 2014, 07:39:44 PM »
    Cheap Solution and Easy... Buy a USB Sound Card which is plug-n-play for around $15. It uses a different audio chipset and drivers and the problem will be gone as long as the popping is not on the audio tracks themselves such as if someone ripped from from old records etc.

I have a few of these, 2 of this brand and 2 of another brand and they work really well. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16829128004