Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Malwarebyte not working  (Read 3228 times)

bobhlgh

Topic Starter

Hopeful

• Experience: Beginner
    Malwarebyte not working
    « on: January 06, 2014, 01:33:28 PM »
    I have Windows  64 bit.  When I run Malwarebytes I get 64 PUP items listed.  If I run the program again I get the same results.  It says that all the listed items have been removed but they show up the next time I run Malwarebytes.   I saved the log but I don't know how to paste it into this post.  Have I given enough information to get any help?  Thanks    Bob

redd

Rookie
      • Experience: Experienced
      Re: Malwarebyte not working
      « Reply #1 on: January 06, 2014, 08:34:15 PM »
      Do a cut and paste. Do you know how? When you open a log file it opens in Notepad. All you do is click Edit, Select all, then Copy. And Right click where you want to put it. Example: I want to paste it here, so I just right click and volia! Give it a shot.

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
      « Reply #2 on: January 06, 2014, 10:46:06 PM »

Go to Settings tab - Scanner Settings and change to Show in results list and check for removal. Next time Malwarebytes found the same PUP they will all be ready checkmark for removal.

bobhlgh

Topic Starter

Hopeful

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2014, 06:16:04 AM »
        Redd  - Jason2074 -
        Thanks for your replies.  I will work on both your suggestions.   Thanks    Bob

bobhlgh

Topic Starter

Hopeful

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2014, 07:35:15 AM »
          Redd  -  jason2074  -
          OK  I will tell you how dumb I am.  I was not rebooting after I ran the Malwarebytes program and as a result none of the  items were being deleted.  When I ran it again and rebooted everything is fine.  When I made a copy I did not right click so nothing happened.  Everything is OK now.   Thanks for your time.       Bob
          PS  this can be marked solved.