Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: How do you undo outlook mail settings on a computer that is not accessible  (Read 4183 times)

anthonyb5615

Topic Starter

Beginner
  • I rather be fishing
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Familiar
    I had a DESKTOP computer that broke and I am not longer able to use it. I had outlook mail installed on it through aol mail. It seems aol is sending the mail to that computer. I am unable to get mail in my aol account unless I am logged in. How do you undo outlook setting without being able to access computer the settings are installed on so my mail can be accessed from aol. I tryed to find a way by checking setting in aol, but could not figure it out.   ???
    "It is not in the stars to hold our destiny but in ourselves"

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Experience: Expert
    If you go to www.aol.com and logon with your credentials you can view your e-mail on the web. The only way I can think of being locked out of your e-mail on a remote computer for AOL is if you dont know the password to your aol account in which we cant help you and you will need to contact AOL Support and go through the security reset to change your password and regain access to your e-mail. But you pretty much need to contact AOL Support at this point, we cant help here with that. Sorry  :-\

anthonyb5615

Topic Starter

Beginner
    • I rather be fishing
      • Experience: Familiar
      The password is not the issue.  I don't have the computer where the email is being sent? I don't know if that matters or not, but when I log into aol, my mail is not there. I only receive messages if I am logged in. I want to undo the remote mail so it goes to aol, and not to the old computer.
      "It is not in the stars to hold our destiny but in ourselves"

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      • Experience: Beginner
      The mail isn't being sent to a computer...the mail is being sent to your e-mail account...it doesn't matter which computer you are on...if you are missing mail or some other issue has arrived contact your e-mail provider to sort it out.
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "