Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Funky mouse behaviors, unresponsive apps  (Read 5137 times)

flyingfool

Topic Starter

• Experience: Experienced
    Funky mouse behaviors, unresponsive apps
    « on: January 09, 2014, 06:45:09 AM »
    I have windows 8 on my Lenovo laptop. The last couple days its been acting up it seems to be random issues

First problem was with mousepad. left click button wasn't working, Next day left click button started working but was bringing up the menu is associated with right click. Now right click does nothing at all and left click works like normal.

Windows update freezes and cannot be closed.

Today chrome is having a hard time starting up. I double click the icon and I get the little circle icon by my mouse icon showing its trying to do something but then nothing happens. Its showing up under task manager but nothing else. After about 10 min every once in a while the chrome window opens up. Not having any problems with IE.

Ive run scans with Avast Free, I've tried Malwarebytes antimalware and a few other virus/adware/maleware detecton software and no infections found.

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Funky mouse behaviors, unresponsive apps
    « Reply #1 on: January 09, 2014, 03:53:00 PM »
    I would uninstall and reboot and then reinstall chrome clean and see what happens.

I am guessing these problems only occur when chrome is running and otherwise the computer runs fine?

flyingfool

Topic Starter

• Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #2 on: January 09, 2014, 06:52:33 PM »
      I thought it was chrome but even after full removal mouse clicks were not registering on IE or even on the desktop. When I roll back the mouse driver it works for about 2 hours and then stops working. I switch from built in mouse to an external USB mouse it works and stops an hour later. Its so random and off and on. more off than on

I forgot to add it even stops working on the log-on screen after a reboot
      « Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 07:23:10 PM by flyingfool »

DaveLembke

Sage
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #3 on: January 10, 2014, 02:21:32 PM »
      Is this computer still covered by warranty replacement?

Also do you have the recovery media to rebuild it clean to rule out some sort of corruption?

I'd rebuild this computer like factory from recovery media after first backing up any important data to an external storage device, and if that doesnt cure this, then send it back under warranty as defective if the warranty is still active.