Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: No video output?  (Read 2890 times)

Cyrissis

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    No video output?
    « on: January 12, 2014, 04:55:44 PM »
    Hi guys. I like to think I know computers pretty well, but I'm baffled. I started a game up earlier, but as soon as I did, I lost all video output from my computer. Unplugging the HDMI cable from my monitor and plugging it back in gave me a few seconds of video output before it stopped again. Strangely enough, the light on my monitor (which is green when receiving input) is lit, despite looking as though the monitor is turned off. I've tried swapping HDMI cables, changing graphics cards, and unplugging certain unnecessary components to save power in case I was over-doing it, but nothing. I'm certain it's not a heat issue, as every component is cool when the computer is running.

If need be, this is the hardware:

600w power supply
    nVidia Gforce GTX 650 (primary card)
    ATI radon HD 5830 (Output dropped with this also)
    8gb of some cheap DDR3 RAM I got online, but I'm certain the issue isn't this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    « Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 05:30:26 PM by Cyrissis »

Cyrissis

Topic Starter

Re: No video output?
      « Reply #1 on: January 12, 2014, 04:57:21 PM »
      Oh, motherboard is a Gigabyte H55M-UD2H. It's a cheap gaming PC I threw together a few years back, and has ran flawlessly until now.

Lisa_maree

Mentor
      • My first real computer
        • Yes
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #2 on: January 12, 2014, 05:30:40 PM »
      Hi

Do you have another monitor to try. As it seems like a faulty monitor rather than the computer.

You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you.”
      ― John Bunyan

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
      • Geek After Dark
        • Gekk9pm bnlog
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #3 on: January 12, 2014, 06:41:00 PM »
      Sometimes you can cycle a monitor on and off a few times and it responds.

fozzer14

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2014, 10:54:09 PM »
        I would say to try a monitor like one of the members has already suggested, or it could be the motherboard i think this because you said you have tried changing cables and graphics cards and so this leads me to think there is something wrong with the motherboard. I would try the graphics card in another computer and if it works you know there is something wrong with your motherboard if it doesn't then it could be the monitor.

let me know how you get on.

cheers.