Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Blue screen -> no games work -> can't install graphics drivers  (Read 4155 times)

Shmykius

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

• Experience: Experienced
    Blue screen -> no games work -> can't install graphics drivers
    « on: January 19, 2014, 02:33:42 PM »
    Hello fellow humans! I am here seeking your help and wisdom. Something went wrong with my computer. I was trying to uninstall my graphics drivers and install new ones at the same time (it just happened), and BAM! blue screen (though somehow differrent than blue screen of death), then i go restarting my pc, pressing F8 and running my PC with last known good configuration. It works, but my pc is very loud now, i can't run any games (some of them give errors, some don't run at all), it says i don't have directx or direct3d and doesn't let me install my graphics drivers: "installer integrity check has failed", the NSIS error. I'm exhausted looking up google with my errors. Hope someone can help me. Thanks!

OS Name   Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
    System Manufacturer   MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO.,LTD
    System Model   MS-7550
    System Type   x64-based PC
    Processor   AMD Phenom(tm) II X6 1055T Processor, 2800 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 6 Logical Processor(s)
    BIOS Version/Date   American Megatrends Inc. V1.14, 2010.05.05
    SMBIOS Version   2.5
    Windows Directory   C:\Windows
    System Directory   C:\Windows\system32
    Boot Device   \Device\HarddiskVolume1
    Installed Physical Memory (RAM)   4,00 GB
    Total Physical Memory   4,00 GB
    Available Physical Memory   1,47 GB
    Total Virtual Memory   8,00 GB
    Available Virtual Memory   5,52 GB
    Display   AMD Radeon HD 5870

Here's what display adapter's properies say:

Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source. (Code 52)

[recovering disk space, attachment deleted by admin]

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Blue screen -> no games work -> can't install graphics drivers
    « Reply #1 on: January 23, 2014, 04:25:54 PM »
    Have you removed the video card to force Windows to boot off of Integrated Graphics. This should get past this problem as for the OS should detect the hardware change and run with default graphics with integrated.

If the OS still blue screens then I'd perform a repair of the OS with the installation DVD or Repair Disc if you have one for this OS.

According to here: It looks like it has integarted video as an option.... http://media.msi.com/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=23512

Shmykius

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2014, 01:26:34 PM »
      I haven't tried to force start it with "integraphics". But i will certainly try it, though i think my pc will run normally. I tried to insert my friend's graphics card and it worked normally the first few days, later, device manager says "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)". I uninstalled the device, and reinstalled it, first time this fix worked, but later it failed.

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #3 on: January 24, 2014, 03:45:45 PM »
      Not to rain on the parade here...but if 2 different cards exhibited the same symptoms the vid card slot may be the issue...which would mean a MBoard replacement...
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Shmykius

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2014, 08:36:18 AM »
        Is it possible to replace a video card slot?

DaveLembke

Sage
        • Certifications: List
        • Computer: Specs
        • Experience: Expert
        « Reply #5 on: January 25, 2014, 03:28:25 PM »
        Its easier to replace the motherboard than to replace it. I'd verify that no lint or dust etc is in the contacts by using either canned air to blow it out or electrical contact cleaner which comes in a spray can that cleans contacts without leaving residue.

Bent or spread pins in a slot can happen although are uncommon. Its caused by rocking the card in the slot or rolling it out of the slot vs pulling straight up. If you have added rotation to insertion or removal of the video card vs pulling straight up or faught with it yanking or wiggling forcefully side to side or if the slot is misaligned to the case slot to where the video card is installed with pressure on it at an angle to the point that the card required flexing to install into the slot. These can all lead to this problem.

Even a highly skilled electronics tech would rather swap the board than service the slot unless the board is ultra expensive and its worth the time and effort to attempt to fix it.

*I'd clean the slot out and just use a flashlight and a magnifying glass and inspect all the pins in the slot if you want to try to find the one pin that could be bent in an attempt to try to fix a possible bent pin issue. If you find a bent pin you may be able to correct it with a sewing needle as a tool to get in there and pry the pin back out so that it makes contact again unless the pin is crushed at a right angle into the slot or missing.

I got lucky with an old 72-pin EDO RAM slot on a Dell tower with Pentium 75Mhz CPU that had a bent pin that was giving the POST beep code for memory error when a stick was inserted into the 3rd slot of 4. This system I got for free dead under this failure condition from the local dump where it was upright next to a bunch of other electronic waste. When running on 2 sticks it ran fine, add the 3rd stick and system wouldnt run. I found out that somehow someone damaged a gold pin in the slot and so I was able to bend it back into position and then fully populate the 32MB of RAM 4 x 8MB EDO sticks and back up and running. This was back around 1999 when it was worth while to save a Pentium 75Mhz system.

Shmykius

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2014, 08:04:36 AM »
          Ok, i will try inspecting the slot. I think that really might be the cause, as both graphics cards don't function properly and get very hot. I also carried my HD 5870 to a tech and asked them to inspect it, so i'll know if the card is damaged. Thanks for your help, nice story btw

Shmykius

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2014, 09:18:15 AM »
            Got back my graphics card from tech, told me it's ram is damaged, and couldn't be repaired :/