Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Need a bit of advice customizing my blog for search results  (Read 3211 times)

Longsnout

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Need a bit of advice customizing my blog for search results
    « on: January 23, 2014, 02:35:36 PM »
    Hello everyone. I manage a blog. Let's say it's called www.thisisanexample.com. I type "this is an example" in the search bar and I get a hit for that one blog. Title reads "This is an Example" in bright blue, of course. And then there's the text below the title. It's always the beginning text of my latest post. I don't want it to show that, I want it to show a custom subtitle/description. How do I do that? Anybody know?

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Need a bit of advice customizing my blog for search results
    « Reply #1 on: January 23, 2014, 05:00:24 PM »
    What about working with a color transparancy, where the info you want to be shown on the hit is on the page but masked by the text being the same color as the background. The info that is part of the blog is text color different then the background and so its displayed. The text say black on black background wont show on your page to the eye, but is visible in the search.

Knowing how many characters are displayed of the blog you then know how many characters are required to hide the blog info and just show the custom description subtitle that you want.

Just an idea of a low tech way to do this maybe.  :)