Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: To make a window OPEN on top and not disappear under all the rest.  (Read 3569 times)

olamoree

Topic Starter

Rookie

(Win7Ultimate) Suddenly..... when I put my cursor on the left side of the taskbar to open a running program window, of course the small screen pops up and shows... and if I move the cursor to that small window, the desired screen appears... BUT... only by itself and on top of the desktop with no other windows showing altho they are open and if I click on the small window to open the page, it opens for a second and then disappears... to the bottom-most window on top of the desktop.  To get to it I must "park" all the windows on top of it to have access to the last called window that I want to work with... and PROVIDED it is NOT appearing full size, such as a browser window that does not jump to the rear or any other program window that is set to full size.  It becomes complicated when the program that I am trying to work with ONLY open in a reduced size page and clicking on THAT screen to pull up a sub-menu, well THAT submenu also pops to the rear UNDERNEATH the main screen that is not full size and the only way to access the sub-menu that popped under the main one is to drag the main one out of the way to be able to see the sub-menu.  I have tried take the precaution of making running pages full size so that they will stay on top, but there are programs that do not use a full page and no way to make them full page.  I have "repaired" Win7, I have reinstalled basic Toshiba (Laptop) drivers that affect the display and several other suggested tweaks, but no bananas... Dexpot, Always on Top and other programs do not accomplish the mission as they are made to keep ONE window always on top.  I am NOT trying to keep one certain window on top, I just want the last opened window to stay on top while I am using it.... anyone got any ideas?  Tnx

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: To make a window OPEN on top and not disappear under all the rest.
    « Reply #1 on: January 26, 2014, 08:50:19 PM »
    You post is Hard  to follow.   :)
    How many programs do you need to have open?
    What made you think the laptop had a driver problem?
    Maybe the system   has been corrupted.
    If you boot in safe mode and select 'administrator', doers it do same thing?