Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Forcing install.exe and setup.exe into compatibility mode?  (Read 3392 times)

Jansenzoon

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    Forcing install.exe and setup.exe into compatibility mode?
    « on: February 02, 2014, 07:43:43 AM »
    Hello,

I'm running Windows 7 64 bit and today I discovered that Windows was forcing Steam into Vista compatibility mode. So I read on the internet that I could fix this in the register using regedit to remove a string and I ofcourse did so. This indeed solved the problem! But in the precise part of the register where I fixed the Steam problem by deleting a string from there, were a couple of others strings which made me wonder if those forced something in compatibility mode too..

Screen of the mentioned strings:

Name: / Type: / Data:

Do these strings force all installers and setups into Windows XP compatibility mode? And if so, can I remove this strings without screwing things up? I ask this because I've noticed that whenever I launch a installer or setup my monitor gives a black screen for a second or so like it's switching his source (like switching a television to his AV source)..

Thanks in advance for your help and kind regards, Jansenzoon!

Jansenzoon

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
      Re: Forcing install.exe and setup.exe into compatibility mode?
      « Reply #1 on: February 02, 2014, 09:16:33 AM »
      The location of the keys in the register: