Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Shuttle xpc fs56  (Read 2734 times)

Ryan Forehand

Shuttle xpc fs56
« on: October 23, 2005, 05:18:14 PM »
having problems with a shuttle xpc fs56 system will not load any thing.  Lights and fans work but the monitor does not show a display.  Has shown a display before when I tested after buying.  All parts are new.   The Cpu is supported by the motherboard as well as the ram and videocard.  Any ideas would be welcomed.

pcdoc4christ

Re: Shuttle xpc fs56
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2005, 08:56:28 PM »
...Has shown a display before when I tested after buying.  All parts are new...

Since you do not see the Windows splash screen at all, it is a hardware problem.  My guess is that a change is to blame.  That is, one of the new hardware devices is keeping the system from starting.  Try removing every device you can and booting the system again.  Maybe, start back at the last state the system was in when it successfully started.  If you are able to boot normally, power down, then add ONE of the new hardware devices and power up again.  If the system starts OK, power off and add one more device and power up again.  Keep doing this till the system doesn't boot.  

At this point, you have a few possible causes:

* The last device you added is not properly connected (so, disconnect and reconnect the power and data cables).
* The last device you just added is bad (so, try a different device that you know is working).
* The last device you added is conflicting with another device (e.g., an IRQ conflict--try checking the BIOS settings).
* The power supply cannot supply enough wattage to meet the demand that all of the devices together require of it (so, consider upgrading to a power supply with a higher wattage rating).

Hope that helps,
Doc
« Last Edit: October 23, 2005, 09:01:51 PM by pcdoc4christ »

pcdoc4christ

Re: Shuttle xpc fs56
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2005, 09:11:26 PM »