Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: uploading a picture  (Read 6082 times)

sagcat

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    uploading a picture
    « on: February 15, 2014, 04:03:06 PM »
    hello i use a mac - os x version 10.6.8. I know how to transfer photos from my camera to the computer, that's fine. However, I have a problem. I need to fill in an application form and below the form you are supposed to click on a box to "upload a photo". I have no idea how to get a photo from my pictures section to "go" with this application form. How do you do it?If anyone can take me thru the steps you need to take - what to click etc. it would be a big help. I have searched the internet for instructions with no luck. I know when I am in my pictures there is an option to e-mail a photo - but that wouldn't be of use with this - an e-mail would go separately and the picture needs to go with the form, all together as it were.Anyone help please, I have just basic knowledge, thanks

Ladyirol

• Experience: Expert
      Re: uploading a picture
      « Reply #1 on: March 14, 2014, 10:42:49 AM »
      This is not a complicated process.  As you have your photo stored in iPhoto, go to iPhoto and click on the photo you want to use and go up to your top bar File->Export.  An "export" window will open with JPEG/medium as the default, but you can change this as needed.  Click the Export button and a second window will drop down asking for a file name and where to put this file.  Your desktop is usually the easiest place to put the file for finding - name the file whatever will let you locate it easier.  Now when you go back to your upload link, click the "browse" and show the uploader the file you have saved to your desktop.  It is a good idea that if you require several photo uploads, simply create a photo upload folder on your desktop to store and locate the pictures into.  After upload, you are welcome to trash this folder - your original picture is still in iPhoto.