Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Renewing McAfee  (Read 2916 times)

joycnm

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Renewing McAfee
    « on: February 16, 2014, 08:29:44 PM »
    I have had McAfee Total Protection for my laptop and PC for the past year.  It will cost me $22 to buy McAfee Total Protection for 3 computers through Amazon.com.  The McAfee website says it will cost $59 to renew.  Will it be easy for me to use the McAfee I buy through Amazon to continue my virus protection?  I've read about the use of free virus protection recommended by the experts on this site and I understand the value; however I am older and am really asking for what is going to be the easiest for me to continue to protect my computers.  I've accidentally turned off my virus protection and gotten viruses before.  I've accidentally let my virus protection lapse.  I really just want something that's almost idiot-proof and easy.  Thanks for your help from a computer-challenged older person.

Quantos

Guru
    • Veni, Vidi, Vici
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: Renewing McAfee
    « Reply #1 on: March 04, 2014, 12:02:31 AM »
    You need to check out Avast Anti-Virus.  It will allow you to customize it based on services that you require.

<edit>  It's also free and almost idiot proof. </edit>
    Evil is an exact science.

soybean

Genius
    • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Renewing McAfee
    « Reply #2 on: March 04, 2014, 09:17:09 AM »
    A second vote for Avast Free Anti-Virus.  NOTE: Even though we're talking about a free version, they still require an annual registration renewal.  They will alert you when the registration needs to be renewed.