Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Outlook 2002 lacks PSTPRX.DLL  (Read 3297 times)

cathys

Outlook 2002 lacks PSTPRX.DLL
« on: October 24, 2005, 02:23:49 PM »
I am running Windows XP, SP2 and have Microsoft Office XP, SP3.  I've never used Outlook, but want to use it to synchronize with my new Dell Axim.  I uninstalled the Outlook version that had been included with my XP package but which was never set up to use, then used the disk provided with the Axim to install Outlook 2002.

When I open Outlook, I get the following message (much like one discussed in this forum for Outlook 2000, but the fix in that case did not work for me).

"Unable to open your default e-mail folders. The .DLL file for the information service could not be found.  MAPI was unable to load the information service PSTPRX.DLL.
Be sure the service is correctly installed and configured."

When I click on OK, I get another choice: "Would you like to open your default File System folder instead."  Clicking No causes the program to close.  Yes opens the "My Computer" folder in the Outlook window.  After a bit, I get the same message as before, except for the first sentence, which now is "Unable to start processing services."

The fix recommended for Outlook 2000 took the user through regedit to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\9.0\Outlook\Setup to insert a value for MailSupport.
If I go to the corresponding folder for 10.0, there is no MailSupport.

Thanks in advance for any help (even if it begins with "you dummy!").

Cathy