Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Security Settings Block PDF in Live Mail  (Read 4028 times)

artbuc

Topic Starter

Apprentice

Security Settings Block PDF in Live Mail
    « on: February 19, 2014, 02:47:53 PM »
    Could not open a PDF attachment to an email. Got message saying my security settings will not allow it to open. Changed my Live Mail junk mail security settings but still got the same message. Where else should I go to temporarily allow me to open this file? I know it is a safe file and I opened it on my iPad. Thanks.

Edit: I was able to save the pdf file and then rt click on Properties to unblock. Still can not open in Live Mail however. When I rt click on the email pdf attachment before I saved it, I do not get a Properties button in the drop-down menu.
    « Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 03:22:39 PM by artbuc »

soybean

Genius
    • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Security Settings Block PDF in Live Mail
    « Reply #1 on: February 20, 2014, 02:00:54 PM »
    Please clarify whether you are talking about Windows Live Mail or a Live.com email account that is accessed at Outlook.com. 

artbuc

Topic Starter

Apprentice

Re: Security Settings Block PDF in Live Mail
      « Reply #2 on: February 22, 2014, 03:40:58 AM »
      Please clarify whether you are talking about Windows Live Mail or a Live.com email account that is accessed at Outlook.com.

Sorry. I have Win7 with Win Live Mail. Outlook Express went bye-bye with XP.