Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: AsRock G41C-GS Black Screen  (Read 8231 times)

mrQa

Topic Starter

Starter

• Experience: Experienced
    AsRock G41C-GS Black Screen
    « on: March 08, 2014, 10:06:35 AM »
    Hi, I just buy AsRock G41C-GS motherboard, because my old ASUS P5KC is not working properly (only one ddr3 slot works.., and its big board and i have free micro atx case) . It looks that this is only 775 socket motherboard available now. Every components what i have are working with my old mobo.

thre is a list of my components now:

MB AssRock G41C-GS

CPU Intel C2D E8200 45nm process (asrock says its supported http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/G41C-GS/?cat=CPU )

2x SAMSUNG 2GB 2Rx8 PC3-10600E M391B5673DZ1 (asrock says its supported http://www.asrock.com/mb/memory/G41C-GS.pdf )

Graphic card GeForce 9600GT

HDD is some WD 400GB, not connected yet.

Power Source is old 400W Eurocase, but working fine.

other memory modules i tried are some KINGSTON  512MB DDR2 800mhz (mb has slots for ddr2 and ddr3)

So i put everything on its place CPU, RAM, cables... and turn pc on, but there is no display activity.. Fans are spinning, led diodes are ok, power button is ok.

It has jumper for FSB setting to 1333, so i set it as manual says. Also i have tried other ddr3 and ddr2 memories, also only one memory module but still nothing.

There was no signal from graphic card so i tried the integrated graphics onboard with VGA cable (cable is ok too, tested), still nothing.

THX for any help :)

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: AsRock G41C-GS Black Screen
    « Reply #1 on: March 08, 2014, 02:08:01 PM »
    What happens if you disconnect and unplug  almost everything?
    No drives.
    No memory.
    No USB devices.
    Just the motherboard and Power Supply.
    That mobo has a built-in noise maker? If so when you hit the power on button there ought to be a response from the  noise maker.
    Also, try again with a keyboard installed. Try several times. If the mobo is alive, it will fin d the keyboard and flash lights on the keyboard a few seconds after restart.
    No sound? No lights? Contact the vendor ASAP.

Or look at this:
    http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000241.htm
    No display on the monitor
    Tip: The following is monitor troubleshooting and not for users who get readable picture

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    « Reply #2 on: March 08, 2014, 07:24:22 PM »
    Looked up this board and it has a high failure rate. Also you cant have DDR2 & DDR3 stuffed into board at same time. Here is link to newegg where its averaging 3 eggs/stars.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157359

mrQa

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2014, 01:40:57 PM »
      hi, thx for answering :).. now i connected speaker, and its beeping 3 times with brake and then again, i have tried with and without memory modules = the same, nothing else connected (just cpu) but still beeping, CPU and power source tested on another mobo again and they are working normally... no flashlights from keyboard, no power in onboard usb

DaveLembke> of course i try memory modules separatery

mrQa

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2014, 04:04:14 PM »
        my solution will be returning the board and buy some cheap one with amd gpu

this board isnt supporting my memory types, actually in my country its not easy to buy supported memories...

thx for your time..