Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Problems in backup  (Read 3007 times)

jacobixxx8

Topic Starter

Beginner

• Experience: Beginner
    Problems in backup
    « on: March 19, 2014, 09:15:51 AM »
    As a default, Windows 7 will backup files in libraries and personal folders for all users. You can configure the backup to specify what files to backup by clicking the Change settings button. I don't know which files to itemize to be sure I got all the right needed files.
     That way I can restore the ones I want instead of the whole restore.I did a backup
    and checked files I didn't think was needed and when I completed it said it was unsuccessful and
    some files were not backed up.
    Also when I go back to backup file page it says under backup never.   

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Problems in backup
    « Reply #1 on: March 19, 2014, 09:51:10 AM »
    Sorry to hear that it does not work for you.
    Some users go for third-party programs instead of the built-int programs.
    Noways large external hard drives are very low priced as compared to a few years ago when Windows 7 was first designed.  So n external backup provides a simple way to backup everything, even stuff you don't need.
    You may want to read this:
    http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php?topic=132192.0
    I have seen a number of free Image utilities online, but was curious as to which one is best for Windows 7 which will allow burning a spanned DVD image set?
    Some helpful tips:
    Part of testing a backup system is doing both the back-up and recovery portion. It's important because if you cannot properly recover a backup- it's pretty much useless.  ...
    If you have a huge external drive ....
    I know it says if you make a system image backup you cannot restore individual files or folders, but in fact the image is a standard vhd and you can mount it as a drive letter and copy whatever you like.
    The link also includes ideas about using the MS Backup tools.
    It is a good idea to search the CH database before you post a question here.
      ;)

jacobixxx8

Topic Starter

Beginner

• Experience: Beginner
      Re: Problems in backup
      « Reply #2 on: March 19, 2014, 01:02:03 PM »
      Thanks Geek9pm,that gives me something t think about