Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: IDT HD CODEC Problem  (Read 4738 times)

PixelKiller

Topic Starter

Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    IDT HD CODEC Problem
    « on: March 27, 2014, 05:15:36 PM »
    in order to play a specific game properly, i needed an IDT update in order to get the advanced settings.

i have installed the proper IDT for my motherboard, after the install, i got all settings i needed in order to play the game properly, however after this, i get no sound output what so ever, all sources (device manager, etc.) says that this driver is working properly.

the speakers in question are plugged in, is not muted, and volume is turned up, jacks has been checked, all of them dont work anymore.

everything worked BEFORE the IDT update, so speakers in question arent blown out or whatever.

after uninstalling the newest IDT update, upon restart windows downloads a generic driver just to get sound running, but after it was installed, a quick test revealed that the speakers still has no sound output.

i have reinstalled this IDT update 3 times now, using slightly different methods, like admin rights, etc.

the ONLY answer closest to what i could find is a BIOS update, which came up with multiple problems of its own...

and no, i have not done a system restore, i will do that after raging at my PC and give up.... and thats even assuming a system restore even works in the first place.

as for BIOS Problems, i have tried the .exe, .bio, and .iso types.

.exe: says its installed successfully, but upon review of verion, it is the same version still.

.bio: for some reason i cant find this supposed "display F7" support in order to boot a USB based BIOS update.

.iso: comes up with "this system does not support fullscreen mode, cancel/ignore, both options cancels the update...

Link to my motherboard model for software downloads: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng&ProductFamily=Desktop+Boards&ProductLine=Intel%C2%AE+4+Series+Chipset+Boards&ProductProduct=Intel%C2%AE+Desktop+Board+DP45SG&ProdId=2932&LineId=2928&FamilyId=36

current OS vista home premium 32bit.

lostcoast

Hopeful
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: IDT HD CODEC Problem
    « Reply #1 on: March 27, 2014, 05:26:39 PM »
    6224.6 v189 is the idt version correct , look in device manage to be sure.

Did you install the dolby control center right below the idt driver ?
    I am  Moderator of Computerhope Chat, for live help and assistance please use/click Free Help in the upper forum toolbar.

PixelKiller

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2014, 05:53:48 PM »
      no, i havent installed this dolby control center, as i dont have anything related to dolby.. but will give it a try anyways.

lostcoast

Hopeful
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #3 on: March 27, 2014, 06:33:38 PM »
      You forgot to answer my 1st question about driver version..

next question you have installed the chipset driver from that list?
      I am  Moderator of Computerhope Chat, for live help and assistance please use/click Free Help in the upper forum toolbar.

PixelKiller

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2014, 01:56:30 AM »
        yes, version is a match with the file version provided, yet is still vague, hence why i didnt answer at the time.
        the only matches i found with the file name and version was 189, and 6370, leading me to believe that it is the correct version, especially since 6224.6 has XP at the end, and 6370 has a V at the end, likely meaning Vista, hence my conclusion.

BIOS update failed to solve my problem, and this dolby thing has also failed, even forced to close soon after startup.

through this, intel support and a crap load of google searches with hardly any answers for my problem, i gave up and done a system restore, which done as i have already predicted, fixed my problem and set everything as before, but without the advanced options needed... and heres the kicker, the state at which these speakers work... IDT under device manager has a warning icon next to it, listing a code 10 error, or another words a very generic error...

funny right?!? (i hate this computer at times....)

patio

• Genius
        • Maud' Dib
          • Yes
        • Experience: Beginner
        « Reply #5 on: March 28, 2014, 06:26:01 AM »
        Code 10 is a hardware error...
        " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "