Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Will my computer build work?  (Read 2673 times)

Gilimallow

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Will my computer build work?
    « on: March 30, 2014, 08:38:24 PM »
    So I am building a PC. Here is my build:

NZXT Source 210 ELITE Midtower Case with 3.0 USB - White

AMD A6-5400K APU 3.6Ghz Processor AD540KOKHJBOX

Windows 8.1 System Builder OEM DVD 64-Bit

Cruci​al Ball​istix Spor​t 8GB 240-​Pin DDR3 SDRA​M DDR3 1600 (PC3 1280​0) Desk​top Memo​ry Mode​l BLS8​G3D16​09DS1​S​​00

Toshiba 3.5-Inch 2TB 7200 RPM SATA3/SATA 6.0 GB/s 64MB Hard Drive DT01ACA200

ASRo​ck FM2A​55M-H​D+ FM2+ / FM2 AMD A55 (Hud​son D2) HDMI Micr​o ATX AMD Moth​erboa​rd

CORSA​IR CX seri​es CX43​0 430W ATX1​2V v2.3 80 PLUS BRON​ZE Cert​ified Acti​ve PFC Powe​r Supp​ly

Will this work?

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Will my computer build work?
    « Reply #1 on: March 30, 2014, 11:50:09 PM »
    Hard to say.  8)
    Did  you have a guide or commendation used for your choices?
    Rather that trying  for something very unique, one could parrot a sedslection used by somebody else.
    Even the Mass Market companies are noting what things people want. Take a looik at this:

Make your own Gaming Machine from Wlamart.

Really. They picked lout some nice parts a fair prices.

They offer the unlocked AMD FX.

camerongray

Expert
      • Yes
      • Cameron Gray - The Random Rambings of a Computer Geek
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Will my computer build work?
    « Reply #2 on: March 31, 2014, 06:58:06 AM »
    That will work fine assuming you don't need extreme gaming performance.

The only change I would make would be to swap that motherboard out for one from Gigabyte or ASUS - AsRock are a budget brand.

Make your own Gaming Machine from Wlamart.
    Really. They picked lout some nice parts a fair prices.
    Interesting idea but I really wouldn't trust that, the iBuyPower machines that I've seen have been shoddy at best.  What they are doing there is clearly dumbing down the process of getting a custom PC but in the process they have removed so much of the choice.  For example, you can only pick the CPU, the motherboard seems to change based on the CPU you pick but other than the photo there is no indication of what board you are getting (And even the picture may be wrong).  They also don't let you select the power supply which worries me, from what I see with other iBuyPower systems means that they will stick in a generic unit that will be just enough to run the system - They don't care about the lifespan or safety of the unit.

They offer the unlocked AMD FX.
    Those chips are really nothing to write home about other than them performing worse than Intel's offerings in most tasks and consuming insane amounts of power.