Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Can't access user account at logon  (Read 3958 times)

Cristian Lukacs

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    Can't access user account at logon
    « on: April 07, 2014, 02:52:54 AM »
    Hello,
    I have a problem with accessing my laptop. My Fujitsu laptop is running Windows 7 Enterprise. When I used to log on, there were two options: "Insert a smart card" (which I never used) and a normal user (with administrator privileges). The normal user required no password, so I would just select it and hit "Enter". Since this annoyed me, I disabled the account so that Windows would log on automatically without asking to select a user and the hitting "Enter", part. Now when open my laptop, only the "Insert a smart card" option is available and I can't use my laptop since my other user is disabled.
    I tried getting into "Safe Mode" but it won't boot in "Safe Mode", it tries to and then just jumps/goes back to normal Windows and takes me to the "Insert smart card" log on screen.
    I tried cmd prompt in "Repair mode", to activate the user with "net user username /activate:yes", and when I restarted the user still wouldn't show up, just the "Insert a smart card" option was available.
    I also created a new user with "net user username password /add", checked that it is activate with "net user username" but when restarting still wouldn't show up at start-up screen.
    Please help, it drives me nuts! Thanks!

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Can't access user account at logon
    « Reply #1 on: April 07, 2014, 08:37:34 AM »
    My Fujitsu laptop is running Windows 7 Enterprise.
    Which means  that  laptop is part of a business operation. You need to contact the administrator of the IT department and tell them what you did.
    The smart card is a security device.
    What is a smart card
    If you wish to disable the smart card, you need to contact the IT department.

Here is a link to a Microsoft forum. The question was:
    How do I remove the "insert a smart card" option from the Windows 7 logon screen?
    To disable Smart Card Plug and Play in local Group
    But if you  can't log in,  you  cant do  that.
    Sorry, I don't know how to trick a smart card. You need help from the IT people.

Does this help  any?  :)