Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Wired USB Mouse Not working properly  (Read 2718 times)

calirip

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Wired USB Mouse Not working properly
    « on: April 11, 2014, 03:51:07 AM »
    Hello, Everyone.

I'm hopeful someone can help me with an issue I'm having. Many thanks in advance for any and all responses. The basics of my problem are this:
    1. My usb wired mouse is not working properly as it routinely will suddenly stop working. The laser light will turn off, and the cursor will become unresponsive. However, a quick unplug/re-plug out of and back into its usb port (or any of the three other ports on my desktop) will immediately fix the unresponsive/undetected mouse...until it very soon happens again.

Two important side notes: 1.) The mouse itself doesn't appear to be the problem as it works just fine on other machines, and 2.) I, just this evening, installed a linux os alongside XP on my hard drive, and guess what? The mouse worked perfectly fine for over an hour without a hitch!

The fact that it works fine on Linux tells me there's probably some sort of issue involving XP or other software, but I really can't be sure. Again, thanks for any and all help!

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Wired USB Mouse Not working properly
    « Reply #1 on: April 11, 2014, 01:48:13 PM »
    Would be helpful to have hardware specifics. What do you have for make/model computer and OS or if custom built all specs and motherboard make/model etc?

I feel your dealing with a driver issue.