Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Problems with Mail.com  (Read 4915 times)

samp

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Familiar
    Problems with Mail.com
    « on: May 31, 2014, 04:14:40 AM »
    Hi,

Is anyone having problems with Mail.com or heard of issues with the site?  I haven't been able to login for over a week and I get the message that "Username or password is incorrect",  which it isn't, as I have had these accounts for years.  I contacted their support email and got no reply except a form letter that was next to useless.

Many thanks,
    Samp
    Out of the earth to rest or range,
    Perpetual in perpetual change,
    The unknown passing through the strange.
                                     -John Masefield

soybean

Genius
    • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Problems with Mail.com
    « Reply #1 on: May 31, 2014, 01:04:38 PM »
    So, you have multiple email accounts with mail.com and you can't access any of them?  Is that right?  Did you use the same password on all of them?  Did you try using the procedure a forgotten password?  Even though you say you know the right password, I think someone else might have gotten access to your account(s) and changed the password.  So, I suggest you try resetting your password via the forgotten password procedure.

samp

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Familiar
      Re: Problems with Mail.com
      « Reply #2 on: June 01, 2014, 01:58:40 PM »
      Hello Soybean

and thanks for your reply...(I was away and not able to access my computer for awhile)

To answer your question...Yes I did try changing my password twice with no luck.  (And I don't use the same password for any account.)

I also opened a new account with Mail.com with a new username and password and it initially opened the account but when I logged out I couldn't log back in again with the same error message.

Also I tried to log in to the accounts using 3 different computers with still no luck.

I wrote Mail.com support and got no reply so I guess the accounts are toast.

Thanks again,
      Samp
      Out of the earth to rest or range,
      Perpetual in perpetual change,
      The unknown passing through the strange.
                                       -John Masefield