Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Excel help  (Read 2753 times)

whammo

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    Excel help
    « on: April 13, 2014, 11:10:00 AM »
    My question for you Excel professionals, deals with two worksheets in the same workbook.  In worksheet one named (Monthly Input) I have entered a Data Validation List in cell C2. The list I have made is the names of the 12 months. January, February, March, April  ……
    IN worksheet two named (All Months) I have each month listed separately by column B through M. In each column I need the data from cell I15 in worksheet one for the month I select in Cell C2 to display in worksheet two cell B16 for January, cell C16 for February, Cell D16 March, Cell E16 April …….
    The formula that I enter in B16, C16, D16, E16 ……. Reads as
    =IF('Monthly Input'!$C$2= "January", 'Monthly Input'!I15,IF('Monthly Input'!$C$2 = "April", 'Monthly Input'!I15,))
     The formula works for only one month. If I select April as the month the data will display in cell E16. But when I change the month in worksheet one to January the data in cell E16 show 0, and the data in cell B16 is displayed. What help can you offer to fix this problem. Should I be using a different formula? I can send you the file if that would help. Please let me know.
    Thanks
    Whammo

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: Excel help
    « Reply #1 on: April 13, 2014, 12:11:40 PM »
    Please don't post the same question more than once. I moved this to the appropriate forum and deleted the duplicate.